Wednesday, October 31, 2012

First Blog!

Hello!
My name is Gaby Davidson...it's short for Gabrielle Davidson.

I will be blogging for the next two months about my life at McGill, playing for the Martlet hockey and my experiences.
#15 

I am a first time blogger...before my technology class, I didn't know about blogging. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I don't know much about social media technology. Anyhow, I will be writing a set of short anecdotes to familiarize myself with the blogging process!

Now, before I begin writing my next blog, it is essential you know a little bit about who I am and what I am doing at McGill. I am a first year student studying in management and am playing for McGill's women's hockey team. I wear number 15 - back in the day when I was 9, I wanted to become a professional soccer player and my idol, Kara Lang, now retired due to due injury, wore number 15. You might wonder why I am not playing soccer anymore....I am, just not competitively. Well, in my first year of high school, I had to make a difficult decision about which sport I wanted to play because being in a sport-etude program, I could only play one sport. So, after much thought, I decided to play hockey since I enjoyed the freedom and speed I felt when I was skating. I was much better at soccer, but I thought it would be fun to take on a new challenge and the sport itself requires very different skills than soccer even though the team concept is still present.
I love sports; especially waterskiing, soccer, hockey, horseback riding, skiing, badminton, etc. I have probably tried almost every sport you could think of!

Apart from sports, I enjoy travelling, spending quality time with family & friends, reading (if it's not for school), helping others, and simply having fun. This is just to give you an idea of some of my interests.

That's about it for now. Hope you enjoy reading the rest of my blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment